Cancer Detect Profiles (Hereditary) (CGx)
Our cancer genomics testing analyzes mutations in a patient’s DNA known to be associated with an increased risk of hereditary cancer. We provide a comprehensive report indicating a patient’s potential susceptibility to various hereditary cancers. This testing uses the latest next generation sequencing technology to analyze patient samples in a rapid and accurate fashion.
This information helps guide a clinician’s route of personalized therapy dependent on the specific genomic mutation and associated cancer. Currently, we offer the analysis of over thirty (30) genes covering over fifteen (15) different cancers.
You could be at an increased risk for hereditary cancer if you or your family has a history of any of the following:
- An individual having more than one (1) cancer.
- An individual who has multiple close family members under the age of fifty (50) with a cancer diagnosis.
- An individual having three (3) or more close family members with different types of cancer.
- An individual having a family that has previously had cancer genetic testing and mutations were identified.
If standard treatments have failed, such as chemotherapy, cancer patients often need more targeted, personalized treatment plans. The genomic tests uncover patient specific variants that predict response to treatment. Some of the specific benefits and advantages of the tests include:
- Genomic profiling to enable more personalized patient care and treatment efficient, cost-effective and sensitive somatic variant analysis.
- Advantages of our Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) assays.
- Additional predictive targets for improved and more immediate clinical utility of tests.
- Wide range of variant types detected, including substitutions, insertions, deletions, and multiple structural rearrangements.
- Comprehensive reports with easy-to-understand result summaries and interpretations.
Our cancer genomics reports are easy to read and provide you with clinically significant data based on the most recent medical literature.
We are the leader in the field of pharmacogenomics testing and is pleased to offer our pharmacogenomics diagnostic services. This genetic testing profile provides information on the connection between a patient’s unique genetic makeup and their response to certain cardiology, pain and psychiatry medications.
For example, certain genetic mutations cause either higher or lower rates of metabolism for known drugs. Our Comprehensive PGX Profile also includes genetic-metabolic relationships for antifungal, antiemetic, acid disorder, immunosupressant and urinary incontinence medications. Risk factors for thrombophilia, hyperhomocysteinemia and dyslipidemia are also tested. All pharmacogenetic patient samples are handled with the greatest care by highly trained scientists in our state-of-the-art facility.
Our detailed but easy to read reports will ensure you treat your patients with the most up to date information.